Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our Trip to Vernal

On September 30, 2011 we left Delta for a four hour ride to Vernal, Utah. President Messano drove the four of us (Joanne Pratt, Dave Mossburg and myself) through the middle of the Roan Plateau over Douglas Pass up to U.S. Highway 40 in Dinosaur and into Vernal for brother Mossburg's endowment. We were met there by brother and sister McMillan, brother and sister Christensen and Alvie Smith.
Laura Christensen was proxy for brother Mossburg's deceased wife and Don Christensen baptized and confirmed her a member of the Church. We also did ordinances for deceased male names.
President Messano did Initiatory Work while brother Mossburg, Alvie Smith, Joanne Pratt, the McMillans and myself ate a little breakfast at McDonald's. Dave Mossburg got measured for temple clothes at the distribution center so he can get his clothes for the next time.


For myself I am very thankful that I am alive and blessed to be part of this wonderful group of people who have helped make that long journey back to the temple a reality for both Dave Mossburg and myself.


It is also a personal pinnacle for me. It has been 16 years since I had a Temple Recommend. To complete the weekend I was privileged to have both Saturday Session of Conference on the internet at home and a good meal before the Priesthood Session at the Delta Chapel. This morning's session and this afternoon's were also uplifting. So I openly and honestly admit, there is nothing that is impossible to those who believe.


Dinosaur National Monument




It was a beautiful day!


This is north of U.S. 40 just back into Colorado. Somewhere back in there is the confluence of the Yampa and Green River.


Our next trip is up to Grand Mesa for the "Fall Festival of Colors." (I made that up but no one will know a hundred years from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment